Find out how much you should really be paying for...Read More
How Much Does A Gutter Cleaning Cost
Mateo Rojas - July 27 2020
How Much Should A Gutter Cleaning Cost?
As a homeowner you should know by now that a gutter cleaning is vital to your home, but do you know if you are being charged the right price. After reading this guide you will know what to expect to pay for when you are ready to schedule your next gutter cleaning.
What Is Included In A Gutter Cleaning
A typical gutter cleaning service will clean out your gutter of leaves, sticks, insects, nest, and other obstructions clogging your gutter. All the waste is put into a trash bag and disposed of properly. Once the obstructions clogging your gutter are disposed of the entire system is flushed to make sure that the water flows properly through the gutters then into the downspouts without issue. Depending on what other services you choose to add-on things like gutter guards can be put on top of the gutters. You may want to tighten the fasteners, inspect the gutter system, reseal end caps or other areas, or other repair issues. You can just ask the member of Middlesex Gutters cleaning you gutter to fix these issues while he is cleaning you gutter.
Average Cost For A Gutter Cleaning
This quick and easy breakdown of common gutter cleaning costs will give you a good idea of how much a thorough gutter cleaning done by a professional should cost.
- A single-story 1,500 square-foot home with 150 linear feet of gutters will typically be priced somewhere between $70 and $200.
- A single-story 2,000 square-foot home with 160-180 linear feet of gutters will range between $90 and $225.
- A two-story 2,500 square-foot home with 200 linear feet of gutters will cost $100 to $250.
Reasons For A Gutter Cleaning To Have A Higher Price
You might have to pay a little extra if your gutter cleaning needs any of these following special procedures:
- A three-story home will often cost you an extra $75 to $200. This cost reflects the need for a 40-foot ladder or the need for a second worker for safety reasons.
- Landscaping – larger bushes or trees that interfere with the workers ability to maneuver quickly will cause a price hike due to time spent safely moving and setting up ladders.
- Gutter screens – if your home needs to have these removed and reinstalled during the gutter cleaning, workers will be spending more time on the job.
- Severely clogged downspouts can also be a big factor when it goes to price increase.
If there are any other additional cost they will be discussed with you prior to the gutter cleaning.
Who Should I Hire?
In this day and age, it is very easy to find handymen or other gutter companies that undercharge for their gutter cleaning services because they don’t know how to price it or it is cheaper because they have a lot of cut-backs. You need to be able to stick to hiring professionals because you know that they are charging you the correct price and not cutting back on anything. The only thing you can know for sure is that they are going to be cheap, and while that may sound great, it says a lot about the service you are about to receive.
When the price is cheaper than standard professionals this could mean many things. The company may have no insurance or warranties in place to cover their employees and your property in the case of an accident that causes damage. They may be using improper tools – we’ve seen many soda bottles cut in half being substituted for proper gutter cleaning implements. Whatever the cut back may be, it will ultimately affect the quality of the service you are about to get.
Gutter cleaning is not particularly expensive, and Middlesex Gutters offers a significant discount on this service when it is scheduled on a repeat basis. Call to ask about about our gutter service plans. Don’t take any chances! Visit our gutter cleaning page to learn more today.